[tei-council] Lite

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at it.ox.ac.uk
Tue Sep 11 10:09:19 EDT 2012

On 11 Sep 2012, at 15:04, Lou Burnard <lou.burnard at retired.ox.ac.uk>
 wrote:

> well maybe them other folks could speak up with what they think wwe should do, cos I frankly cannot see any other sensible way forward

you need to decide what you are proposing. Is Lite to be rebuilt using current source
at each release, or not, that is the question. What is frozen, the output or the input?

yes, fair point.  I wonder how many do link to the www.tei-c.org copy. the logs will tell us, I suspect

> If they are linking to the "teilite" on the website, I suppose it would be plausible to make that point instead to "tei_lite" though. Do you mean the doc, the dtd, the schema, the odd, or all of them?

I mean just the DTD

> Of course, another option would be to undo the name change, and go back to the underscore_free variant.

yup.

I just want to avoid the  XX_YY generating XXYY, unlike all other other files.

Director (Research Support) of Academic IT Services
University of Oxford IT Services