[tei-council] tcw20.xml (Editing the TEI Guidelines)

Martin Holmes mholmes at uvic.ca
Thu Sep 6 14:13:38 EDT 2012

Hi all,

I've just completed one of my Ann Arbor obligations by documenting the
process of adding a Schematron constraint along with tests for that
constraint. I've written quite a long section, and you can see the
results here:

<http://hcmc.uvic.ca/people/martin/tcw20.html#schematron>

All comments appreciated.

However, writing it required the use of <exemplum>, <egXML> and friends.
Unfortunately, the TCW documents (and I assume their associated
transformation) are TEI Lite documents, so when I add my code to the
tcw20.xml file on the TEI site (in CMS), the transform fails and the
page does not show up. So I've had to comment out my new section for the
moment.

What should we do about this? Could we transition the tcw files to full
TEI, and use the default P5 XHTML conversion to render them on the CMS?
It's going to be a bit difficult to provide good documentation for
ourselves if we're prevented from using documentation elements.

Martin Holmes
(mholmes at uvic.ca)