[tei-council] experimental modules?

James Cummings James.Cummings at it.ox.ac.uk
Wed Sep 5 11:07:26 EDT 2012

On 05/09/12 12:26, Gabriel Bodard wrote:
>>> What I do wonder is whether we should be providing templates for
>>> community-created customisations in Roma that are reasonably
>>> mature, well-supported, etc. with the prime example here being
>>> EpiDoc?
>> indeed. but you'd have to work out a management process
>> for this.
> I'm tempted by this, but as Sebastian says we'd need to think about how
> we a) manage this process, and b) how the EpiDoc odd releases and TEI
> releases line up (currently I normally make an EpiDoc release a few days
> after each TEI release, to take advantage of new features).

I agree that this is a not a trivial process -- i.e. when we make
a release we need to know that template X is now non-functioning
and an update hasn't been received so email maintainer Y and
remove it from roma until it is fixed. (Or something like that)

> Happy to discuss this (and perhaps float it on the EpiDoc list if that
> would be useful).

Would it make sense for us to discuss it at the face to face,
decide how we think it should work, and then approach potential
community contributors? EpiDoc was really just an example in this
case. ;-) (But the obvious contributor as well. ;-) )

-James

Dr James Cummings, researchsupport at it.ox.ac.uk
Research Support, IT Services, University of Oxford