[tei-council] Options for freezing and/or archiving Lite

Martin Holmes mholmes at uvic.ca
Mon Aug 13 14:12:48 EDT 2012

On 12-08-13 09:19 AM, Lou Burnard wrote:
> On 13/08/12 17:16, Martin Holmes wrote:
>

>> Would it be possible to create a version of TEI Lite that is constructed
>> entirely through inclusion, without any subsequent customization?
>
> Not sure what you mean by this, but if you mean the same as I do, then
> that's what we currently have. Lite specifies all and only the elements
> you want from a bunch of modules. The only other "customization" it does
> is to remove some otiose attributes.

I was thinking about the bulk of the documentation too. In other words,
could the Lite documentation consist of a custom intro explaining what
it is, then a set of inclusions (XInclude?) from other parts of the
Guidelines. When I think about it, though, that's completely impractical.

--
Martin Holmes
(mholmes at uvic.ca)