[tei-council] Target of links in Guidelines generation

Martin Holmes mholmes at uvic.ca
Fri Aug 10 12:58:51 EDT 2012

Hi all,

I regularly use the "last successful build" version of the guidelines
provided by our jenkins servers to see the current state of the glines,
and I occasionally point other people to it. One thing that's a bit
annoying when you do that is that links in the reference pages are
generated hard-coded to the release version of the glines on the TEI
site. So if you go here:

<http://teijenkins.hcmc.uvic.ca:8080/job/TEIP5-Documentation/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/Guidelines-web/en/html/ref-variantEncoding.html>

you'll see that the link to the relevant chapter dealing with
<variantEncoding/> points to
<http://www.tei-c.org/release/doc/tei-p5-doc/en/html/TC.html#TCAPEN>.

It would be nice if these could be turned into relative links, so that
when you browse around the latest state of the glines, you don't find
yourself jumping out to the release version without realizing it.

Before I start trying to figure out where and how this happens, does
anyone think it _should_ happen? Would there be any disadvantage to
making these links relative?

Martin Holmes
(mholmes at uvic.ca)