[tei-council] Problem with the TEI site?

David Sewell dsewell at virginia.edu
Thu Aug 9 12:42:03 EDT 2012

Ah, I see, you're right.

The HTML for the Guidelines pages is pulled in from static HTML files, generated
as part of the TEI release process. On tei-c.org, the file in question does have
the correct META element in the head:

but the content for the drop-down itself contains buggy text, namely

     â&#128;&#147; Table of Contents

So... Sebastian, maybe you can check to find out where those dropdown menus
exist as variables in the XSLT, and see if there is a character set problem?

David

On Thu, 9 Aug 2012, Martin Holmes wrote:

> This is the page where I saw the problem:
>
> <http://www.tei-c.org/release/doc/tei-p5-doc/en/html/index-toc.html>
>
> I suspect it was generated during the last release build of the Glines,
> and so any changes you made to the current setup might not have been
> inherited by it. Could that be it?
>
> I do see drop-down menus on the page below.
>
> Cheers,
> Martin
>
> On 12-08-09 08:17 AM, Kevin Hawkins wrote:
>> I previously saw this but don't know.  It's the dash character not being
>> handled with the proper character encoding.  Sebastian, David Sewell,
>> and I were working through it, and I thought we had fixed it.  Can you
>> point to a specific page that is showing like that?
>>
>> Also, I notice that at
>>
>> http://www.tei-c.org/release/doc/tei-p5-doc/en/html/index-toc.html
>>
>> none of the menus are dropping down for me.  :(
>>
>> On 8/9/2012 11:11 AM, Martin Holmes wrote:
>>> The TEI website drop-down menu "Guidelines" is showing some garbage
>>> characters at the beginning of the "Table of Contents" link (Firefox on
>>> Ubuntu 12.04). Does everyone else see the same thing?
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Martin

PO Box 400314, Charlottesville, VA 22904-4314 USA