[tei-council] Lite Final, finally

Kevin Hawkins kevin.s.hawkins at ultraslavonic.info
Wed Aug 8 14:41:49 EDT 2012

On 8/8/2012 2:38 PM, Lou Burnard wrote:
> Have removed teilite_ns.odd
>
> Consistency suggests:
>
> Exemplars/tei_lite.odd : canonical home of the ODD
> Exemplars/tei_lite.xml : skeletal template file, Oxygen for the use of
> tei_lite : name of schema generated
>
> This does indeed make a break with existing tradition, but that may not
> be a bad thing -- this is a new version after all, and we want people to
> know that.

I vote for renaming to include "_".  That way anyone who automatically
loads the DTD from
http://www.tei-c.org/release/xml/tei/custom/schema/dtd/teilite.dtd will
notice the breakage and be clued in that we made major changes to the DTD.

At the time of the next release, we will also need to update the Lite
links on these two pages:

http://www.tei-c.org/Guidelines/Customization/

http://www.tei-c.org/Guidelines/Customization/Lite/

I will try to remember to do this.