[tei-council] @rend in Lite

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at it.ox.ac.uk
Mon Aug 6 10:00:26 EDT 2012

The idea is fine. some niggles

> specified by the TEI Guidelines, since they will depend entirely on the
> needs of the particular project. Some typical values might include
> <code>small</code> etc. for size.

I'd be happier if this list came from a recognized (and quoted) source;
"sup" is not a font variation, and where does "smcap" come from?
sadly "centre" should probably be "center"

> Several such words may be used in
> combination as necessary, but no formal syntax is proposed. The full TEI
> Guidelines also provide more rigorous mechanisms, using other W3C
> standards such as CSS, as an alternative. </p>

hmm, you are implying one can use CSS in @rend here, if you use full TEI.
this is potentially very misleading. in place of "more rigorous mechanisms"
maybe you mean "other, more rigorous mechanisms than <att>rend</att>"
Director (Research Support) of Academic IT Services
University of Oxford IT Services

Sólo le pido a Dios
que el futuro no me sea indiferente