[tei-council] TEI deprecation practices

Kevin Hawkins kevin.s.hawkins at ultraslavonic.info
Sat Aug 4 16:42:54 EDT 2012

Councilors (cc'ing Laurent),

I've been having some confused discussions with various people about
deprecation practices for the Guidelines, and I realized that I was not
even sure of our practice any more.  I've done lots of archeology in
meeting minutes and in Sourceforge and have produced what I think is a
summary of our deprecation practices, plus some questions:

http://wiki.tei-c.org/index.php/Deprecation

Please review.

I hope once we sort this out, I will be able to move forward on
http://purl.org/tei/bug/3376456 , and it might also help James with
http://purl.org/tei/bug/3435326 .

By the way, I've added a link to the wiki page from a new question and
answer I've just added to the Council FAQ:

http://wiki.tei-c.org/index.php/TEI-Council-FAQ#In_what_ways_will_Council_break_backwards_compatibility.3F

Thanks,

Kevin