[tei-council] Creating new element specs

Martin Holmes mholmes at uvic.ca
Sun Jul 15 13:08:49 EDT 2012

On 12-07-15 09:54 AM, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:

> On 15 Jul 2012, at 00:00, Martin Holmes wrote:
>

>> It might take a day or two to work through all the stuff you need to do
>> before a spec is complete and functional; you'd either have to avoid
>> committing it throughout that time, or put up with a couple of days of
>> broken builds and odd side-effects until you got it to where you want it.
>
> frankly, is that such a big deal, midway between releases? especially
> now your command-line build works, you can test at home for the
> more obvious errors.

Fair enough. I've already added <listApp> (currently incomplete) in
Specs. But I have had quite a struggle to get a local build system
working, so I think it would be a good idea to create a desktop version
of the Jenkins build script to enable contributors to test local builds
when they're going to do something that might take a lot of testing
before it's right, along with some instructions for what targets to make
when you're e.g. building only the web guidelines or testing the
stylesheets.

Martin Holmes
mholmes at uvic.ca
UVic Humanities Computing and Media Centre