[tei-council] Creating new element specs

Martin Holmes mholmes at uvic.ca
Sat Jul 14 19:00:45 EDT 2012

On 12-07-14 03:53 PM, James Cummings wrote:

> Wouldn't another solution be to create them as proper in the
> P5/Source/Specs but just clearly mark them as 'a proposed
> element...'

It might take a day or two to work through all the stuff you need to do
before a spec is complete and functional; you'd either have to avoid
committing it throughout that time, or put up with a couple of days of
broken builds and odd side-effects until you got it to where you want it.

> My preference in all cases would be to have them in the same
> general location (ok, Specs-Proposed if you really want them
> separate from the main location) so that they can be processed by
> Jenkins, tested, etc.

I agree that once they're ready to go, they should be placed in Specs.
But there's usually some discussion that needs to happen, especially if
you haven't created a lot of these from scratch (like me).

But since <listApp> looks fairly straightforward and uncontroversial,
I'll try creating it in Specs and see what happens.