[tei-council] editors at tei-c.org

Kevin Hawkins kevin.s.hawkins at ultraslavonic.info
Sat Jul 7 15:29:09 EDT 2012

On 7/6/12 5:20 PM, Lou Burnard wrote:
> On 06/07/12 21:00, David Sewell wrote:
>> Currently, editors at tei-c.org delivers to you and Syd.
>
> Well, if that address is meant to go anywhere it ought probably to go
> the Council, since the role of "editor" was abolished several years ago.
> And Syd hasn't been involved officially for years either!
>
> But since, as I said, it hasn't delivered anything but spam for years, I
> cannot see any reason to prolong its life.
>

>> It's easy enough to delete the alias, but before we undertake that it
>> might be worth considering the results of this Goggle query:
>>
>> http://www.google.com/search?q=%22editors+tei-c.org%22&sitesearch=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.tei-c.org%2F
>>

> Surely all this proves is that addresses on fairly static web pages are
> likely to be harvested for spambots?

No, that's not all this proves.  See these three prominent pages that
give that address:

http://www.tei-c.org/Guidelines/Customization/

http://www.tei-c.org/About/contact.xml

http://www.tei-c.org/Activities/SIG/rules.xml

I am happy to update them but am not sure how to change them.

>> A lot of those references are in Vault aka archival documents, but that
>> address has been out there for a long time and it might not be politic
>> to start bouncing email addressed to it.

I'm okay with bouncing to an address found in Vault documents, in past
minutes, working papers, etc. ... but not in webpages that are actively
maintained.

--Kevin