[tei-council] proposed new <entry/> example with xml:lang attributes

stuart yeates syeates at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 15:05:34 EDT 2012

On 05/07/12 22:38, Piotr Banski wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I somehow managed to miss the @corresp proposal, need to search the past
> messages, I guess.

There's a good long example / discussion at:

http://www.tei-c.org/release/doc/tei-p5-doc/en/html/ref-att.global.linking.html

> I had the impression that one would normally go for the same "box"
> containing the translation (equivalent), whether it corresponds to the
> <trans> or <dicteg> of old:
>
> equivalent:
>
> <cit type="translation">
> <quote>--equivalent--</quote>
> </cit>
>
> example:
>
> <cit type="example">
> <quote>--example here--</quote>
> <cit type="translation">
> <quote>--translation of the example--</quote>
> </cit>
> </cit>
>
> On this approach, there is probably (?) no need for @corresp, because
> the relevant relationship is expressed by containment.

If that is true (and it may be) then we can write xslt to regularize
these dictionary entries to standard TEI, but I'm not seeing that level
of consistency.

> Or am I missing the point? (scanning mails ultraquickly today, apologies
> in advance)

The point is that I'm trying to be consistent, consistent identification
of parallel texts, consistent with the use of xml:lang in other kinds of
XML.

cheers
stuart