[tei-council] http://purl.org/tei/fr/3519866 (@rend datatype)

Kevin Hawkins kevin.s.hawkins at ultraslavonic.info
Thu Jul 5 13:38:03 EDT 2012

Sebastian, can you please be less cryptic?  Supposedly we're both native
speakers of English, and I often have trouble following what you write
on tei-council.  But your latest message completely baffles me.
Specifically ...

On 7/5/12 1:26 PM, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:

> On 5 Jul 2012, at 18:20, Gabriel Bodard wrote:
>
>> Yes, exactly. I *bet* we'll see that. At least Martin's proposal of
>> @style (partially) resolves that problem.
>>
>> I mean, there are some things you want to highlight with @rend that
>> there's no CSS syntax for.

> So it's
> on one of Lou's postcards?

I don't know whether there's anything I'm supposed to know about Lou's
postcards.  But perhaps you meant

rend="handwritten">pussycat</add>, Happy Birthday!</p>

?

> in that case, single-shot @rend is inutterably doomed, and Martin's @style is the
> only way ahead. Unless we introduce an arcane rule that the presence of a colon
> means it is CSS!

What is a single-shot @rend?  And what does "inutterably" mean?

--K.