[tei-council] CH and BCP 47 again

Piotr Banski bansp at o2.pl
Mon Jul 2 08:30:29 EDT 2012

(found this message accidentally)

By this logic, we shouldn't bother to insert xml:langs in bilingual
dictionaries. I'd have no problem with a uniform declaration that <pron>
in that very dictionary is always to be interpreted as this-and-that
script, and that <quote> inside <cit @type="translation"> is to be
interpreted so-and-so.

Except we don't seem to have such a mechanism, do we? In which case, I
can't see a good reason to skip this very relevant information. The
result is massive redundancy, but well, that's a fact, this is what we
recommend, so why avoid stating this openly in the Guidelines?

Best,

   P.