[tei-council] latest Tite DTD?

Kevin Hawkins kevin.s.hawkins at ultraslavonic.info
Thu Jun 28 05:26:38 EDT 2012

On 6/28/12 5:10 AM, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
> this is not so hard. compare it to
> http://www.tei-c.org/Vault/P5/1.7.0/xml/tei/custom/schema/dtd/tei_tite.dtd
>
> which is what theirs says it is, and you find the only difference is that
>
>     a) they have removed the copy and licence statement
>     b) the differences below, which is adding argument to some titlePage patterns which I suspect are unused anyway
>

> I conclude that Apex do not have their own variant of Tite at all, and that this is all a red herring. OR, Apex are not being entirely truthful and have a secret DTD underneath
>

> < <!ENTITY % model.titlepagePart_sequence "graphic, byline, argument, epigraph, docTitle, titlePart, docAuthor, docEdition, docImprint, docDate, ornament">
> < <!ENTITY % model.titlepagePart_sequenceOptional "graphic?, byline?, argument?, epigraph?, docTitle?, titlePart?, docAuthor?, docEdition?, docImprint?, docDate?, ornament?">
> < <!ENTITY % model.titlepagePart_sequenceOptionalRepeatable "graphic*, byline*, argument*, epigraph*, docTitle*, titlePart*, docAuthor*, docEdition*, docImprint*, docDate*, ornament*">
> < <!ENTITY % model.titlepagePart_sequenceRepeatable "graphic+, byline+, argument+, epigraph+, docTitle+, titlePart+, docAuthor+, docEdition+, docImprint+, docDate+, ornament+">
> ---
>> <!ENTITY % model.titlepagePart_sequence "graphic, byline, epigraph, docTitle, titlePart, docAuthor, docEdition, docImprint, docDate, ornament">
>> <!ENTITY % model.titlepagePart_sequenceOptional "graphic?, byline?, epigraph?, docTitle?, titlePart?, docAuthor?, docEdition?, docImprint?, docDate?, ornament?">
>> <!ENTITY % model.titlepagePart_sequenceOptionalRepeatable "graphic*, byline*, epigraph*, docTitle*, titlePart*, docAuthor*, docEdition*, docImprint*, docDate*, ornament*">
>> <!ENTITY % model.titlepagePart_sequenceRepeatable "graphic+, byline+, epigraph+, docTitle+, titlePart+, docAuthor+, docEdition+, docImprint+, docDate+, ornament+">

If you really find differences in (b), don't those count as a Tite
variant?  Why would you conclude that they don't have their own variant?

In any case, something is still not right.  Their prose documentation
mentions <handShift/>, does not mention <biblScope>, etc., yet all of
these are still in the DTD.  So they never got around to changing the
DTD, or they are as devious as Sebastian fears.  I suspect incompetence,
not deviousness.  Will write back to Greg to inquire.