[tei-council] Private URI Schemes

Martin Holmes mholmes at uvic.ca
Wed Jun 27 17:03:45 EDT 2012

On 12-06-27 12:46 PM, Stuart A. Yeates wrote:
> I think the <listPrivateUri/> tag is unnecessary, can't we reuse one
> of the existing TEI header tags for this purpose? <encodingDesc/>?
> Unless of course there are some specific semantics you're trying to
> model.

I was assuming that many projects would use more than one private URI
scheme -- mine do -- and so there would need to be a list or group
element to keep them together. I assume they would be in <encodingDesc>.

> You also use the word 'project' in the examples, surely that should be
> 'document' or 'corpus'?

I think of a project as a corpus together with a lot of peripheral
material (web application, documentation, etc.). If this were coded into
elementSpecs, though, you're right that "corpus" would make more sense.