[tei-council] tei winita needs to be updated to RFC 4646 ???

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Tue Jun 26 12:07:57 EDT 2012

On 26 Jun 2012, at 16:57, Martin Holmes wrote:

> I'm following up on the requirement to check that our CH chapter in fact
> conforms with BCP 47, and I see this in the CH file:
>
> <?tei winita needs to be updated to RFC 4646 ?>
>
> It looks like a processing instruction, but not of a type I've seen
> before, and I don't recall coming across anything called "winita". Can
> anyone clarify what this is? Does it do anything, and if not, could it
> be removed?

it doesn't do anything.  it was a private annotation the editors used to use in
the Olde Tymes. I recall it is an acronym with some "amusing" expansion.
but you can safely remove if its redundant now.
Head of Information and Support Group
Oxford University Computing Services

Sólo le pido a Dios
que el futuro no me sea indiferente