[tei-council] Strange validation problem with ODD file

Martin Holmes mholmes at uvic.ca
Mon Jun 25 13:19:19 EDT 2012

On 12-06-25 10:13 AM, Lou Burnard wrote:
> On 25/06/12 17:56, Martin Holmes wrote:
>
>> I'm working on a fairly simple ODD file and getting a validation error
>> that I can't figure out. I'm working in Oxygen and letting Oxygen
>> validate against the latest TEI framework release, installed from
>> oxygen-tei, and getting a series of errors.
>

> Forgive me for stating the obvious, especially as I dont know exactly
> what you mean by "the latest TEI framework release",

What I mean is that I downloaded the latest oxygen-tei package from here:

<http://code.google.com/p/oxygen-tei/>

and installed it into my Oxygen setup. When you edit a TEI file which
isn't directly linked to a specific schema through e.g. an xml-model PI,
Oxygen by default validates it against tei_all in the installed
framework (at least, I'm pretty sure that's the case, based on my
previous experience). So what I'm wondering is whether there might be
something wrong with the oxygen-tei package.

> but the
> implication of the errors you're seeing is surely that the schema in use
> doesn't include <editionStmt>. Which is quite possible if you're using
> (say) tei_bare or some other customization which omits it.

If it's the case that Oxygen in fact validates against some other
customization rather than tei_all, then that makes sense, but my
previous experience suggests that up to now it's been validating against
a complete TEI schema.

> Anyway, I havent noticed anything untoward with my installation of
> Oxygen since the release...

Did you install the new TEI framework into your Oxygen frameworks directory?

Martin Holmes
(mholmes at uvic.ca)