[tei-council] Release notes (was Re: next release?)

James Cummings James.Cummings at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Tue Jun 19 17:40:38 EDT 2012

On 19/06/12 22:33, Kevin Hawkins wrote:
>> svnUp.sh runs as written, but
>> tei-install.sh needs the "sh" command before it. (Does this mean it is
>> not executable?) Either that needs to be changed, or the instructions.
>> (Note: James has already fixed the file so it is executable by user.)
>
> Right, the problem was that it's not executable.  I hesitate to insert
> the "sh" command because maybe the script was written to assume you use
> csh or bash or something.  Best to leave the instructions as they are,
> in my opinion.

Already fixed on tei-c.org, it should be executable now as
./tei-install

>> 14. Checking TEI website and downloads. (I wonder we shouldn't do this
>> check before the previous two, and maybe before 10 as well. If there's a
>> problem with the website we may have to start again.)
>
> If someone tells me to move this step, I will gladly do it.

Yes, I think it best to move it up.

We should also make some indication of what to check for?
Checking that the version number has updated on webpages is one
thing, another could be that a change you know to have been
committed is displayed... But the thing that delayed Gaby was a
problem with the tei_all.dtd was noticed. Should the release
technician be checking a file against all of these (but surely
Jenkins has done this?)  Need better (but quicker) testing on
Jenkins clearly.

-James

--
Dr James Cummings, InfoDev