[tei-council] BIB issues

Piotr Bański bansp at o2.pl
Mon Jun 18 04:53:32 EDT 2012

Hi all,

I'm afraid to touch the Guidelines right now, but I confess I did
something a bit ugly when citing the ISO DCR reference. In the text of
DI, I did:

which is a Web implementation of <ptr type="cit" target="#ISO-12620"/>

------------------------------------
in the BIB, I did:

<biblStruct xml:id="ISO-12620">
<monogr>
<author>International Organization for Standardization</author>
<title>ISO 12620:2009: Terminology and other language and content
resources –
Specification of data categories and management of a Data Category Registry
for language resources</title>
<imprint>
<date>2009</date>
</imprint>
</monogr>
</biblStruct>

-----------------------------------
What gets displayed is:

"which is a Web implementation of International Organization for
Standardization (2009)."

And my question is: how can I make the Guidelines display either the
<title> from within the biblStruct, or maybe even display just "ISO
12620:2009" as a link to the full reference? I'm thinking of
experimenting with <ref> for the latter, but as I said, I don't know if
I can touch the Guidelines right now.

Is the @type for <ptr> here of any use? I.e., would I gain anything by
changing it to some other value than "cit"? And finally, do excuse my
ignorance and poor memory: do we have a guide to citing bibliographic
references in the Guidelines that I have overlooked, or is that still a
"todo" item?

Thanks!

  P.