[tei-council] release notes (was Re: main font changed for gidlines -- found the problem chars...)

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at retired.ox.ac.uk
Fri Jun 15 03:41:29 EDT 2012

On 15/06/12 02:37, Kevin Hawkins wrote:
  it seems that:

> 1. tcw20 should be revised to say that people should add an<item>  to
> the latest P5/ReleaseNotes/readme-N.N.N.xml that they find for any
> significant revision they make

The trouble with this is that peoples view of what is significant is
likely to vary. And there wont be any obvious way of summarising a lot
of small unrelated changes.  What has happened in the past is that one
person (usually me) has checked the log and summarised it, in the form
that you have now discovered.

But the fact that you've only just discovered it suggests that maybe
it's not that important!

> 2. tcw22 should be revised to say:
>
> a) before a release, ask Council members to skim
> P5/ReleaseNotes/readme-N.N.N.xml and see if anything else comes to mind
> to add

That would certainly be a good idea

> b) after releasing, create a new file in
> P5/ReleaseNotes/readme-N.N.N.xml for the next release so that this is
> ready for editing

Don't see the point of that -- the old version is always there as a
template.