[tei-council] release notes (was Re: main font changed for gidlines -- found the problem chars...)

Kevin Hawkins kevin.s.hawkins at ultraslavonic.info
Thu Jun 14 21:37:50 EDT 2012

On 6/14/12 9:26 PM, Stuart A. Yeates wrote:
> The easy way to do this is (from the commandline, near the root of the
> svn tree):
>
> svn log | more
>
> This shows you, a page at a time, all the subversion changes from the
> most recent all the way back to the beginning of time (hit control-C
> if you don't want to go back that far). As a group we seem to be
> reasonable about sane commit messages and of course the user is
> generated automagically. Selecting which are the important ones is
> still a human job.

Right.

In looking through past tei-council messages, I've discovered reference
to P5/ReleaseNotes/ , where we have been creating a new file for each
release.  So it seems that:

1. tcw20 should be revised to say that people should add an <item> to
the latest P5/ReleaseNotes/readme-N.N.N.xml that they find for any
significant revision they make

2. tcw22 should be revised to say:

a) before a release, ask Council members to skim
P5/ReleaseNotes/readme-N.N.N.xml and see if anything else comes to mind
to add

b) after releasing, create a new file in
P5/ReleaseNotes/readme-N.N.N.xml for the next release so that this is
ready for editing

Does that sound right?

--Kevin