[tei-council] main font changed for gidlines -- found the problem chars...

Martin Holmes mholmes at uvic.ca
Thu Jun 14 15:51:59 EDT 2012

Latest build results, which are identical on my brand-new Ubuntu 2012
(which has never had any MS fonts on it) and on the current live teiJenkins:

$ grep -i missing Guidelines_teiJenkins.log | sort -u
Missing character: There is no 三 in font DejaVu Sans Mono/ICU!
Missing character: There is no 可 in font DejaVu Sans Mono/ICU!
Missing character: There is no 孔 in font DejaVu Sans Mono/ICU!
Missing character: There is no 小 in font DejaVu Sans Mono/ICU!
Missing character: There is no 欄 in font DejaVu Sans Mono/ICU!
Missing character: There is no 的 in font DejaVu Sans Mono/ICU!
Missing character: There is no 見 in font DejaVu Sans Mono/ICU!

And I've found where they are, I think -- look at this:

<exemplum xml:lang="en">
     <egXML xmlns="http://www.tei-c.org/ns/Examples">
       <layoutDesc>
         <layout columns="2" ruledLines="42">
    2 columns of 42 lines pricked and ruled in ink, with
    central rule between the columns.</p>
         </layout>
         <layout columns="3">
         </layout>
       </layoutDesc>
     </egXML>
   </exemplum>

It's in layoutDesc.xml.

I would fix it if I could figure out how; the "en" is correct for tje
exemplum itself. If I add xml:lang="zh_TW" to the <p> tag surrounding
the text, will that do it?

I'm assuming it's Chinese -- there are no hiragana or katakana -- but it
could be early Japanese. Who should we ask?

--
Martin Holmes
(mholmes at uvic.ca)