[tei-council] Jenkins builder script now working

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Wed Jun 13 18:31:26 EDT 2012

On 13 Jun 2012, at 22:54, Martin Holmes wrote:

> That means that there is only one non-free
> component: we still rely on the Microsoft MSTT Core Fonts package, which
> has fonts such as Verdana and Courier in it. How do you feel about
> making an effort to get away from this dependency?

that would mean redefining the fonts used in the Guidelines PDF;
but I wonder which of them?

if you remove them, what fails?

> Note for Sebastian: Is the Hannom font still used?

yes, I am fairly sure its used by some minute fragment of chinese or japanese
in the guidelines.

>  I do see lots of lines like
> this in my pdfbuild.log:
>
> kpathsea: Invalid fontname `HAN NOM A', contains ' '
thats ok, its a warning. the font is found. its used on page 1487, by the look of things

> If we're failing to use the font anyway, without consequences, could we
> find an easier alternative -- something that's in the repos, to keep
> things simpler?

if there's another obvious free chinese font, I'm happy  to change :-}
Head of Information and Support Group
Oxford University Computing Services