[tei-council] Setting up read-only access to TEI Council list?

David Sewell dsewell at virginia.edu
Mon May 21 09:14:52 EDT 2012

OK, thanks all for the input on this. So the only question, I believe, is
whether it's worth spending the time right now to implement some sort of
list-to-RSS feed that would presumably work off the current HTML archives:

http://lists.village.virginia.edu/pipermail/tei-council/2012/date.html

Personally, I think Council's time is maybe better spent on other things, but if
there's a quick way to implement this and I can facilitate it let me know.

David

On Mon, 21 May 2012, Gabriel BODARD wrote:

> This sounds exactly right to me. I have no objection to the list
> archives being RSS-able; that could be very useful. (If it were already
> available, I might have set that up myself and set the list to NOMAIL
> while I was on research leave. ;-) )

> On 20/05/2012 21:31, James Cummings wrote:
>>
>> It seems like we're coming to a consensus that:
>> - We want the council list to be readable by anyone (as it
>> currently is) and archived
>> - We are willing to have it exposed as RSS/Atom for those who do
>> want a 'feed' of some sort
>> - We _don't_ want a second mailing list or subscribers with
>> moderation flags set, or things like that.
>>
>> So, in the up-shot, no immediate change necessary but if DavidS
>> does migrate us to Sympa and so RSS available, then that is all
>> well and good.
>>
>> -James
>>

>> On 20/05/12 18:29, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
>>> Exposure as RSS is a bit weird for email. But, agreed, better than pseudo-subscription and the funny expectations that raises
>>>
>>> Carved in stone on my iPad

PO Box 400314, Charlottesville, VA 22904-4314 USA