[tei-council] Setting up read-only access to TEI Council list?

Kevin Hawkins kevin.s.hawkins at ultraslavonic.info
Fri May 18 09:23:55 EDT 2012

(1) Since we opened the list archives years ago in the interest of
transparency, it seems that a mandate for transparency extends to ease
of accessibility.  On those grounds, I support making it easier to
follow Council discussions.

(2) I see two possible technical mechanisms for this:

a) Add as a member of tei-council an address like
council-outsiders at lists.village.virginia.edu , which we would advertise
so that those interested could subscribe.  Members of that list would
receive messages sent to tei-council, and we would trust that they
wouldn't ever send a message to tei-council with
"council-outsiders at lists.village.virginia.edu" as the sender in order to
post.

b) Add as a member of tei-council some email address hooked up to an
email-to-RSS service and then publicize the feed URL.

The advantage to (a) is that it allows threading of messages, whereas
feeds (b) do not.  But (a) would also create an entirely duplicated
message archive.