[tei-council] content model of <surface>

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at retired.ox.ac.uk
Wed May 9 05:33:23 EDT 2012

The reqsons it is this way is because the wg expressed the (admittedly
rather vague) desire that old skool <surface> (for digital facsimile)
and new skool (for genetic flummery) should have only limited co-existence.

My vote would be to do the P4 thing -- i.e. just alternate the whole lot
and sort out any nonsense that surfaces later with schematron rules.