[tei-council] content model of <surface>

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Wed May 9 05:29:48 EDT 2012

On 9 May 2012, at 10:15, Lou Burnard wrote:

the point is that once you enter the second half of the model, things from model.global
only occur after we have had at least one example of zone/line/surface/surfaceGrp

its the same technique used in div and postscript.

is the intention that a <surface> must first get out of the way any graphics and glosslike elements, and
then get on with its main business?

if that main business can _start_ with anything from model.global, then we are screwed, cos
<certainty> comes in both the preliminary matter (glosslike) and the main matter (global), and
non-determinism fires.

the answer, of course, is to promiscuously interleave graphic and glosslike in the preliminary matter,
so I'm going to implement that.

scream loudly if
  a) you have the faintest idea what I am talking about
  b) you care one jot about whether its important that all the glossLike children of <surface>
occur before  all the graphicLike children.

Trust me, I'm in the zone on this one.

Sebastian