[tei-council] TEI TITE question

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Tue May 8 12:43:25 EDT 2012

On 8 May 2012, at 16:31, Martin Holmes wrote:

> Just a reminder that this suggestion is in conflict with an existing
> feature request:
>
> <http://purl.org/TEI/FR/3519866>

yes, please can some more people comment on that?

> I think we need to recognize that:
>
>  - Those who want to use @rend for CSS at the tag level (not through
> @rendition) need to be accommodated, either by loosening its data type
> or by the provision of another attribute for that purpose.
>
>  - Those who still follow the traditional use of @rend by supplying
> data.word values for it also have a strong desire for a set of
> recommended values, to enhance interoperability.
>
>  - The current situation is a bit of a mess, because nobody is
> particularly happy.

"amen" to all of those points. Its not at all clear how to proceed,
because we just each reiterate the same arguments over and over again.
Lou may tell us that "it was always so", or alternatively that back in
the Golden Age they had no patience with any sort of descriptive markup …..

Head of Information and Support Group
Oxford University Computing Services

Sólo le pido a Dios
que el futuro no me sea indiferente