[tei-council] TEI TITE question

Kevin Hawkins kevin.s.hawkins at ultraslavonic.info
Tue May 8 11:30:24 EDT 2012

I know it sounds crazy, but I don't see how we can say that an encoder
should be more interested in why something is in italics than in whether
a name is a surname, patronymic, forename, etc.  It all depends on what
you want to do with your digital text.  That statement from the gentle
introduction is even prejudiced, frankly: it assumes certain uses of XML.