[tei-council] TEI TITE question

Piotr Bański bansp at o2.pl
Tue May 8 10:40:09 EDT 2012

interoperability -- they are what often has to be aligned between
formats. In the trunk, or pivot, sits the <hi> element, with a multitude
of ways of describing it further, if necessary (even including a pointer
to an external reference system that defines "italic"). This is the rich
core through which the flow of interoperability should be directed. Add
<i> to <hi> and the result is an increase, instead of decrease, of
messiness. It opens the way for all the other HTML 3.2 stuff.

  P.