[tei-council] DCR alignment inside ODD

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Wed Apr 25 16:59:00 EDT 2012

<equiv url="http://www.isocat.org/datcat/DC-1345"/> is the syntax, I think.

> The above makes it possible for us to happily realize that whenever we
> do e.g.
>
> <gramGrp><pos>...</pos></gramGrp>
>
> all the machines in the world may know that by <pos>, we mean
> http://www.isocat.org/datcat/DC-1345 .
well, if they read the ODD yes. I think there is a certain amount
of "simple matter of programming" involved here.

> However, there is also the content of <pos> to be handled, and it is not
> so obvious to me how to represent this in the ODD. Intuitively, I'm
> thinking of
>
> <elementSpec>
> <content>
> {list of values with their DCR references}
> </content>

a <elementSpec> can contain a <valList>, whose <valItem> children
can have <equiv> children

Does that help?

I suspect what you'd really like is to use a DTD which supplied default dcr:cat attributes to
instances of <pos>.

Sebastian