[tei-council] removing and renaming XML files

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at retired.ox.ac.uk
Fri Apr 20 18:19:37 EDT 2012

On 20/04/12 20:24, Kevin Hawkins wrote:
> On 4/20/2012 1:41 PM, Lou Burnard wrote:
>> On 20/04/12 14:14, Piotr Bański wrote:
>>> On 20/04/12 08:33, stuart yeates wrote:
>>> [..]

>> I don't think changing the filename of this chapter is warranted as yet.
>> There was some discussion about extending its coverage so as to deliver
>> more specifically on the promise made in its first chapter that its
>> content could also be applied to non-print dictionaries, but so far that
>> extension  hasn't happened yet.
>
> Lou, do you mean "the promise made in the first section of this chapter"?

Indeed I do. Sorry about the tyupo.

> The title of the chapter given in the HTML and PDF versions of the
> Guidelines is already "Dictionaries", not "Print Dictionaries", so I
> think Piotr is suggesting renaming the file to match the human-readable
> form actually in use.

Good point. I had forgotten that.

>   >  Unless and until it does, I think this
>> change would be a needless additional complication, needlessly messing
>> up links to the chapter (of which there are probably many more than
>> there are links to its component sections).

I still think that on balance it's not worth the effort of renaming the
chapter file. But then I was also the one who wanted to leave it with
the name "DI,xml" on the grounds that introducing more information into
file names would only lead to tears before bedtime. And lo...