[tei-council] New council members and SourceForge

Paul F. Schaffner PFSchaffner at umich.edu
Fri Apr 20 16:06:15 EDT 2012

Becky wrote:
>> ... ready to be assigned something--like me.
>> P.S. I see Paul and I are still not in agreement on the issue of
>> spaces around parenthetical em dashes.

Examining my own usage--always a perilous thing--I find that I
close up the spaces in more formal prose, and where the dashes
are truly parenthetical; but in more liberated settings, or when
leaping from a sentence into a concluding exclamation, or on
Fridays -- well then, the em-dashes require a little room around
them to breathe!

This should not be construed as a feature request.

pfs