[tei-council] removing and renaming XML files

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Fri Apr 20 11:34:06 EDT 2012

On 20 Apr 2012, at 15:18, Martin Holmes wrote:

> Better to break the links and fix them, I think, since we're winding up
> to a "major" release, and if the tei_ prefix in anchors is included in
> it, lots of existing links will break anyway.

but the link to the _files_ mustn't change. i.e. it will still be
  DI-PrintDictionaries.html
not
  tei_DI-PrintDictionaries.html

> But this really ought to be a policy issue. Under what circumstances is
> it acceptable to break existing links to a) pages in the Guidelines, and
> b) anchors on pages?

a) not many, but if the alternatives are worse, so be it
b) when it seems sensible

> And when we do break them with a new release, what
> are our obligations in terms of supporting the old links?

as much as is reasonably possible.

if all the tei_ exercise changes is anchors on pages, I'd not worry about it
--
Stormageddon Rahtz
Head of Information and Support Group

Sólo le pido a Dios