[tei-council] removing and renaming XML files

Martin Holmes mholmes at uvic.ca
Fri Apr 20 10:18:33 EDT 2012

Better to break the links and fix them, I think, since we're winding up
to a "major" release, and if the tei_ prefix in anchors is included in
it, lots of existing links will break anyway.

But this really ought to be a policy issue. Under what circumstances is
it acceptable to break existing links to a) pages in the Guidelines, and
b) anchors on pages? And when we do break them with a new release, what
are our obligations in terms of supporting the old links?