[tei-council] style-guide.txt deleted

Martin Holmes mholmes at uvic.ca
Thu Apr 19 17:27:22 EDT 2012

Hi all,

I've removed style-guide.txt from SVN in accordance with our decision on
Monday. Just for the record, here are (were) its contents:

STYLESHEET FOR TEI GUIDELINES USAGES
====================================

    This file contains a working list of usages for spelling of various
terms
    used in the TEI Guidelines.

    Version History:

         2008-01-31  Created, David Sewell

Reference Abbreviations:

         CMS:    Chicago Manual of Style, 15th ed.
         MW:     Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary, 11th ed.
         OED:    Oxford English Dictionary, 2d ed. online
(dictionary.oed.com)
         ODE:    Oxford Dictionary of English (aka NODE), 2d ed.
         ORDS:   O'Reilly Default Stylesheet,
                 http://www.oreilly.com/oreilly/author/stylesheet.html
         UCG:    Unicode Consortium Glossary, http://unicode.org/glossary/
         W3CXML: W3C XML Recommendation, http://www.w3.org/TR/xml/

Word or Term             Authority/explanation
============             =====================

code point (n.)         UCG [discussed on TEI Council list]
code-point (adj.)
cross-reference         MW, OED
data set                OED
datatype                [OED, ORDS have 'data type', but Guidelines
                          consistently use single word dozens of places]
end-tag                 ORDS
high-level (adj.)       MW, OED
line break
lowercase/uppercase     MW, ORDS
proofread               MW, OED
start-tag               ORDS
stylesheet              ORDS
typeface                MW
the Web                 ORDS
web page                ORDS
web site                ORDS, OED
well-formed             W3CXML (even in a predicate usage:
                           "the XML is well-formed")
whitespace              ORDS

    /* vim: set ai ts=8 sw=8 expandtab tw=78: */

Martin Holmes
(mholmes at uvic.ca)