[tei-council] <egXML> example

James Cummings James.Cummings at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Tue Mar 27 08:40:01 EDT 2012

On 25/03/12 14:52, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
> On 25 Mar 2012, at 00:02, Martin Holmes wrote:
> it's a fair point.  Back in the olden days when I was working on http://www.amazon.com/LaTeX-Graphics-Companion-The-Edition/dp/0321508920,
> we tagged each example with a list of macro names (in that case) for which we wanted an entry in the index at this point. The same
> technique would apply here - yes, it shows a<p>, but its not an especially interesting use of<p>  worth showing people.
> One could literally use index terms for the job, inside<exemplum>
> But the amount of retrofitting work needed is fearsome.

There are all sorts of ways we could be making better use of our
examples.  I had already added TEI Examples to the agenda for the
face2face, so we should at least have a quick discussion about it
then.  I do think it is something we need to investigate a bit
first and come to a decision about the best way to organise,
re-use and process our examples rather than just bolting on more
workarounds.  (But use of index terms might indeed be a good way
to do this.)

-James

--
Dr James Cummings, InfoDev,