[tei-council] PR for TEI in Google Books (was Re: some brief reports to save time during our upcoming conf call)

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Mon Mar 5 10:14:34 EST 2012

On 5 Mar 2012, at 14:44, Lou Burnard wrote:

> I was talking about this with another TEI Board member at lunch today,
> and she said "Of course what we really want is for it to be possible to
> export/import TEI format in Google Docs."

She wants a mare's nest?

Google Docs is a weak imitation of Microsoft Word, with all
the concomitant issues of lack of nesting.

you can of course convert TEI to/from word-processor formats using OxGarage,
and use the results in GiggleDocs, if thats your wish.

But I agree with your surmise, that the different parts of Google are
quite unlikely to talk to each other.
--
Stormageddon Rahtz
Head of Information and Support Group