[tei-council] P5 releases: changes to boilerplate HTML code

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Sun Feb 26 15:38:20 EST 2012

On 24 Feb 2012, at 01:04, Kevin Hawkins wrote:

> I recall that when a new release of the TEI is made, all of the stuff at
> the top of each HTML page -- the TEI logo, the navbar, the search box,
> and the phrase "P5: Guidelines for Electronic Text Encoding and
> Interchange" -- is inserted at time of compilation.  Somewhere there is
> a file that stores the bits of HTML code needed for this.

indeed. its in P5/Utilities/staticnav.xml in Sourceforge for Guldelines. Any of us can edit
this in the usual way and it'll get picked up at the next build.

> c) Currently the P5 version number is in fine print at the bottom of the
> page, along with the last updated information.  To a casual visitor,
> this looks like a version number for the particular HTML file, not the
> full guidelines.
I have inserted "TEI Guidelines " before the word "Version" (P5/Utilities/guidelines.xsl.model),
does that help?

>  Therefore, I'd like to request that we modify the code to insert
> the current version number somewhere near "P5: Guidelines for Electronic
> Text Encoding and Interchange".

I have added it inside a <p> after the <h1> of the "P5: ...", is that OK?
--
Stormageddon Rahtz
Head of Information and Support Group, Oxford University Computing Services

Sólo le pido a Dios
que el futuro no me sea indiferente