[tei-council] updated list of Council members etc. for P5

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at retired.ox.ac.uk
Sun Feb 12 12:59:20 EST 2012

On 12/02/12 16:08, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:

> On 12 Feb 2012, at 15:44, Kevin Hawkins wrote:
>

>> * Which members were on the Board by virtue of being Board Chair and
>> which there there as appointed members?
>
> I was the sole appointed member from 2001 to 2009. John, Julia, Matt, Dan and Martin were
> as council chairs

I think my esteemed colleague means to say

"Sebastian was appointed to the Council by the Board; John Julia Matt
Dan and Martin as Board chairs were ex officio members of the Council"

>> * Was Alejandro Bia replaced when he resigned?
>>
> that I cant remember

I think he was, but I cannot remember by whom. This would require some
research... is it important?

>> * When were the positions of Editors created?
>>
> in the formation of TEI-C in 2000.

Nonsense. The position of TEI Editor predates the existence of the
Consortium by many many years.

>> This whole thing has led me to wonder how exactly we ended up electing 6
>> and 4 Council members in alternating years.  This practice dates to
>> 2002, but I can't figure out how it got started.
>>
> I fear I cant remember offhand

Which "whole thing" would that be? I think it's probably a consequence
of the number of vacancies in year x being different from that in year
y, coupled with the term of office?