[tei-council] Question about attribute definitions and descriptions

Martin Holmes mholmes at uvic.ca
Wed Feb 8 08:38:56 EST 2012

I've made the change to an open valList and made the suggested values
for <tag> the same as for <gi>.

fact, I'm wondering why so many attributes in the list lack a datatype.
They all seem to be attributes which should be data.enumerated.

Is this just a historical accident, or is there some reason or pattern
to it?