[tei-council] New document describing release steps

Martin Holmes mholmes at uvic.ca
Thu Feb 2 23:42:43 EST 2012

Following my thrilling day of first-times (first time releasing TEI,
first time retweeting someone else's tweet, first time using IRC), I've
put together a more detailed set of instructions for future release
technicians:

<http://www.tei-c.org/Activities/Council/Working/tcw22.xml>

I've taken the core information in TCW20 relating to building a release,
and elaborated and extended it to include things we didn't know we
didn't know until today. I've also tried to explain why you take each
step and how it works, so you don't find yourself blindly following
mysterious instructions.

Please take a look through the document. If you've done a release
before, check to make sure I haven't left anything out or got anything
wrong. If you haven't done one, read it and see if you think it would be
clear and detailed enough to help you through the process.

I haven't made any changes to TWC20, but if the new document is
acceptable, I propose removing all those bits from TCW20 and replacing
them with a reference to the new doc. I haven't published the new doc
yet, so it doesn't appear on the TEI site menu.

I shall close with the now-traditional expression of hatred for the CMS
system, which I must utter every time I have to interact with it. GRRR. ;-)