[tei-council] Use of @cRef

Martin Holmes mholmes at uvic.ca
Wed Feb 1 12:20:57 EST 2012

That's a great point. I knew there was something else bearing on this
issue, but I couldn't recall what it was.

It might be good to handle the two attributes separately, because if as
Stormy and I suspect hardly anyone is using @cRef, we might be able to
quietly remove it without much fuss; @key is not like that, though.
Also, if the process of removing @cRef (or deprecating it) forces us to
create a proper strategy and documentation for the use of private URI
schemes, then we'll be in a better position when we come to deal with @key.

--
Martin Holmes
(mholmes at uvic.ca)