[tei-council] Ann Arbor spring meeting

James Cummings James.Cummings at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Tue Jan 24 06:15:00 EST 2012

I've been looking at booking a flight from LHR to DTW for this
meeting and the cheapest I could find for Sunday - Wednesday was
1045 pounds.  However, if I included the Saturday, then the
cheapest was around 538 pounds. I find the bizarre notion that
one must include a Saturday (or be penalised by doubling the
price) a strange one. The only 'overnight' flights I could find
involved 15 hour layovers.

Gaby, Piotr, Sebastian, Lou:  Does it make sense then for those
of us crossing the Atlantic to fly into DTW on Saturday?
Charging the TEI for an extra day of hotel seems offset by the
difference in flight cost.

Let me know what you think,

-James

--