[tei-council] version 2.0.1 p5subset.xml states "edition 2.0.0"

Martin Holmes mholmes at uvic.ca
Mon Jan 23 11:20:51 EST 2012

With regard to a) below, the issue is that the p5subset.xml file ended
up with the wrong version number. As far as I can tell from reading the
Makefile, p5subset.xml is created like this:

${SAXON} ${SAXON_ARGS} -o:p5subset.xml ${DRIVER} Utilities/subset.xsl

where $(DRIVER) DRIVER=${SOURCETREE}/guidelines-${INPUTLANGUAGE}.xml,
presumably meaning guidelines-en.xml. So the output <edition> info comes
from the <edition> tag in the guidelines-en.xml file, and that's what
should be edited right at the beginning of the process. The first
section in this part of tcw20.xml says:

[quote]
Creating a new file release

First edit the file VERSION, and make it say what you are about to
release...
[/quote]

Would it be sufficient to add this:

"At the same time, edit P5/Source/guidelines-en.xml to update the
information in the <editionStmt>/<edition> tag to match the VERSION file."

--
Martin Holmes
(mholmes at uvic.ca)