[tei-council] version 2.0.1 p5subset.xml states "edition 2.0.0"

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at retired.ox.ac.uk
Wed Jan 18 10:53:54 EST 2012

On 18/01/12 15:38, Paul F. Schaffner wrote:

>>> yes, given careful thought, I think we could trap #msad and rewrite to #mssad.
>>> I'm not volunteering, mind, you can spend whole days understanding
>>> Apache mod_rewrite :-}
>>
>> Any disagreements that this is the right course of action?
>
> If I had to vote, I'd go with 'do nothing.' People who filter content
> have to know that the filters are imperfect--that they may be trapping
> dolphins with their catch of tuna.

I would also vote for doing nothing. I really dont see any good reason
to over-react in this way, especially since (if I understand correctly)
this problem was rectified by the filtering agency within 48 hours of
our reporting the problem. We would introduce a whole load of broken
links to counter a non-existent problem which only ever affected a small
number of people. If we are serious about wanting to rationalise the
identifiers, then we should do it properly, once for all, not in a piece
meal haphazard fashion. That just looks silly.