[tei-council] namespaces and customization

Kevin Hawkins kevin.s.hawkins at ultraslavonic.info
Fri Jan 6 21:33:27 EST 2012

There's a few typos here, so I want to check that I'm understanding them
correctly ...

On 1/4/12 5:53 AM, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:

> On 4 Jan 2012, at 10:49, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
>
>> I looked at 33.2.1 today, and see that the relevant example is
>>
>> <elementSpec
>>   ident="eg"
>>   module="tagdocs"
>>   mode="change"
>>   ns="http://example.com/ns">
>> <classes mode="change">
>>   <memberOf key="att.typed"/>
>> </classes>
>> </elementSpec>
>

> this is not, I now understand, doing what it might appear. I claim
> it says that "the element<eg>  which is in the namespace http://example.com/ns
> is to changed". NOT " the element<eg>  is to be changed to appear in the
> namespace http://example.com/ns". Big difference.

I think this should read "which is in the namespace
http://example.com/ns is to BE changed".

> Do others agree that this is how that @ns should be read? its now
> I have implemented it at least.

I also read it the first way, not the second.

I think the second sentence should read "it's how I have implemented it
at least".