[tei-council] namespaces and customization

Martin Holmes mholmes at uvic.ca
Sun Dec 18 22:28:16 EST 2011

That's a very good question. Personally, I wouldn't have thought that
customizing an existing element would require moving it to a new
namespace -- unless you changed it beyond all recognition, but in that
case I would have thought giving it a new name would make more sense.
Surely just adding tei:eg to att,typed wouldn't require moving it out of
the tei: namespace?